When running a business, the choice of equipment can mean the difference between success and failure. This is particularly true within the food industry where competition is fierce. With so many different options to choose from, finding the best product for you and your business can be tricky. For example, when choosing a meat slicer for a restaurant or delicatessen, there a large number of factors to take into consideration, including:
Level of use – Finding the right meat slicer for your business very much depends on how much it will be used throughout the day. Meat slicers generally range from Entry Level which is ideal for one or two hours’ use per day, to Mid-tier for regular use to Premium Level for constant, heavy duty use.
Size matters – Although it’s important to choose your meat slicer based on the level of use, size is equally important – if you have a tiny kitchen, you need to choose a slicer which won’t get in Chef’s way every time he or she turns around.
Features – These days, meat slicers are available with a huge range of features such as fixed ring guards and removable product trays. It’s important to have a think about the daily running of your establishment in order to decide which features are unnecessary – and which are deal breakers.
You’ve got the power – As you will be aware, there’s a huge difference between slicing different kinds of meat and, between slicing raw meat and cooked.
Versatility – If your business requires the slicing of different kinds of meat – and to different thicknesses, it’s vital that you choose a professional meat slicer with a comprehensive range of settings to make sure that it’s up to the job.
Manual or Automatic – Again, dependent on the level of meat that will be sliced during the day, this is an important choice. In a busy kitchen or deli, an automatic slicer which moves the product tray back and forth for you is the best option, whereas, for lighter workloads, a manual option may be for you.
Belt Driven or Gear Driven – Although it’s thought gear-driven slicers are more durable, they’re also more expensive to repair, as opposed to the relatively small cost of replacing a drive belt.
A slice of the actionWe’ve put together our comprehensive guide to the best meat slicers currently available in order to help you to make an informed decision for you and your business.
Table of Contents
- So here is my list of The 10 Best Meat Slicers.
- 1. Premium Commercial 320W Electric Meat Slicer
- 2. Chef’s Choice 615A Electric Meat Slicer
- 3. Beswood 10” Premium Chromium Plated Meat Slicer
- 4. Superhandy Professional Portable Meat Slicer
- 5. Chefman Die-Cast Electric Meat Slicer
- 6. Techwood Professional Electric Meat Slicer
- 7. CukAid Electric Meat Slicer
- 8. Gourmia GFS700 Professional Electric Meat Slicer
- 9. Cusimax 200W Electric Meat Slicer
- 10. Kitchener 9-inch Professional Electric Meat Slicer
- Things to consider before buying a meat slicer
So here is my list of The 10 Best Meat Slicers.
1. Premium Commercial 320W Electric Meat Slicer
- 10 inch Premium stainless steel blade coated with Teflon
- Aluminum alloy base
- 320 Watts motor power
- Cutting thickness 0 to 0.40 inches
- ETL, NSF and FDA approved
This professional electric meat slicer offers precision thickness control from 0 to 0.40 inches for complete versatility as well as removable blade for complete efficiency and easy maintenance. Easy to use and with quiet operation, the sleek and neat design of this slicer means that it looks great in a customer driven environment such as a deli or cafe and, it’s size and weight makes for easy storage when not in use. With 320 watts of motor power, this product is one of the most powerful on the market and is tough enough to tackle meat, gristle and bone smoothly and easily for the professional chef. The manufacturers have thought of everything with this slicer including easy cleaning and a non-sticky blade which saves time and hassle in a busy environment. Worldwide delivery options offer the ultimate convenience for the busy kitchen and delicatessen as well as a no-fuss warranty for added peace of mind. One of the most professional meat slicers on the market today, this product is strong, powerful and stands the test of time
- Product Dimensions: 52.1 x 47 x 38.9 cm
- Boxed-product Weight: 17 Kg
- Delivery Destinations: Worldwide
- Quiet – This slicer runs with very little noise, making it perfect for small kitchens or deli areas containing customers.
- Non-sticky blade – Cutting is fast and the blade cuts smoothly without snagging.
- Great design – The design for this slicer is sleek and looks great on a counter, which is perfect for cafes and delis where the slicer will be on display.
- High power – The huge 320watts of the Premium Commercial slicer are invaluable for the professional chef who needs to be able to slice a wide range of cooked and raw meat. This one is powerful enough to tackle tough meat, gristle and bone easily and quickly.
- Cost – This slicer is on the pricey side, however, this is balanced by the professional standard of the product and its durability.
The lowdown: Although the most expensive of the products in this guide, this one is without a doubt the most professional in terms of features, efficiency and durability. For those looking for a reliable and great looking meat slicer for their business, this one is most definitely hard to beat.
2. Chef’s Choice 615A Electric Meat Slicer
- Precision thickness control
- Tilted food carriage
- Removable stainless steel blade
- 120 watts motor power
The easy running and no-fuss design of this slicer makes it one of the most popular products on the market. Created from cast aluminum and stainless steel – with a seven inch steel blade, this slicer is solid, rugged and tough enough to tackle the needs of any busy kitchen or delicatessen. This product’s superior safety features help to cut down on those niggling kitchen accidents which cost time and efficiency and, all components including the blade, food carriage, push, deflector and plate are removable for quick and easy cleaning. Impressively versatile, this product tackles cuts from wafer thin deli meats to ¾ inch thick slices of meat without the need for additional tools. One of the best value meat slicers on the market, this product is tough, powerful and durable – all the things that a busy chef demands in the modern kitchen.
- Length: 15-½ inches.
- Width: 10-⅜ inches.
- Height: 11 inches
- Weight: 10.61 pounds
- Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
- Easy to clean – Removable features make it really easy to clean this slicer properly for optimum hygiene.
- Good value – At $145, this product is surprisingly good quality for the price.
- Good size – Although sturdy enough for safe operation, this product is compact enough to fit neatly into even a small restaurant kitchen or deli.
- Clever use of power – although only 120 watts, the power of this slicer is concentrated where it’s most needed – this gives the impression of more oomph than the wattage would suggest.
- Prone to breakage / malfunction – Unfortunately, the parts for this product do not appear to be built to last and are subject to breakage.
- Bad carriage design – The inefficient design of the carriage means that food is often sliding back and forth when cutting.
The lowdown: For those on a budget, this is a sensibly priced meat slicer with a couple of drawbacks. Although it’s inexpensive and has a decent bit of power behind it, it’s let down slightly by the design faults and unreliability. This one would work well in an establishment where it will receive light use.
3. Beswood 10” Premium Chromium Plated Meat Slicer
- Premium steel blade with chromium coating
- Double illuminated on/off switch
- Precision cutting
- USA standard approved: ETL, NSF and FDA
- 100 watt motor power
This portable and collapsible electric meat slicer is powerful enough for cooked meats and compact enough for even the smallest kitchen. From one of the world’s most trusted manufacturers, this slicer has lots of safety features including a double illuminated on/off switch and USA safety certifications for complete peace of mind. A chromium plated carbon steel blade protects against corrosion and removes the need for frequent sharpening – saving time and money for the busy restaurant or deli. Versatile and accurate, the Beswood 10” Premium Chromium Coated slicer is one of the most compact professional meat slicers available commercially. Tough, durable and long lasting, this slicer is a sound investment for businesses that demand the best from their equipment. A no fuss warranty and worldwide delivery make this slicer a great choice for quality and convenience.
- AC: 120v / 60hz
- Blade Diameter: 10”
- Power: 110-120V, 240W 1/3HP
- Blade revolution: 282/min
- Maximum cutting length: 210mm (8-1/4”)
- Maximum cutting height: 170mm(6-7/10”)
- Slicing thickness: 1-12mm (about 0- 1/2”)
- Smooth running – This product cuts quickly, smoothly and quietly making it ideal for delis and cafes where customers are present.
- Easy to clean – The clever design of the product makes cleaning all of the parts, including the blade, really straight-foward.
- Professional quality – This really is a professional standard product with precision cutting and efficient running.
- Good slicing range – this slicer offers a decent range of slicing thickness, making it perfect for a busy deli.
- Prone to malfunction – Unfortunately the product can be temperamental with a few operational problems including electricity cut outs during use.
- Finish rubs off – The design of the product looks good when new but the finish tends to wear off / flake off quickly, making it not ideal for areas where it can be seen by customers.
The lowdown: This meat slicer is a lot of bucks for not a lot of power. It looks great and earns points on precision but, unfortunately, the lack of power and lack of reliability mean that this is not a great choice for a busy deli or restaurant.
4. Superhandy Professional Portable Meat Slicer
- Portable & Collapsible
- Stainless steel RSG solingen blade
- 100 watt motor power
- Adjustable thickness dial
Neat enough to fit into even the smallest kitchen, the Superhandy Professional Portable & Collapsible Meat Slicer is hard to beat for price, power and convenience. The neat, no-fuss design of this slicer means that it slots easily into nooks and crannies for those who don’t want a slicer on display. The beauty of this slicer is it’s foldable design which makes for super-easy transport and storage. With its 6.7” German blade and 100 watt gear transmission, this product makes light work of even the toughest of meats and its unique versatility allows for the easy slicing of wafer thin deli meats or larger, thicker slices of meat. With impressive safety features, this product offers value, power and convenience for the busy deli or kitchen and is able to run for an impressive five minutes before resting. Designed for easy cleaning, this slicer features removable parts as well as a collapsible design, making it one of the most versatile products on the market.
- Blade Type / Size: Stainless Steel Serrated / 6.7″ (170.18mm)
- Motor Type: Gear Driven
- Power & Voltage Rating: Electric AC 120V / 60HZ
- Current & Max Wattage: 100 Watt / 150 Watt (Max)
- Compact – This product is a great size for small kitchens and for easy storage when not in use.
- Easy to clean – This product is really simple to dismantle and easy to clean, which is great for the busy kitchen.
- Good value – For such a professional standard slicer, this is a great price.
- Good design – The slightly sci-fi design of this slicer makes it a great feature for any kitchen or deli.
- Strong blade – Although this slicer doesn’t pack a whole lot of punch in terms of power, the 6.7” blade is strong and of good quality which helps to get through those tough cuts.
- Lack of power – Unfortunately, this product lets itself down on the power which simply isn’t enough to cut through tougher meats.
- Inadequate safety features – The design of this product is not ideal for safety as users need to be really careful in order to avoid cutting themselves on prominent and sharp features.
The lowdown: Superhandy and super affordable, this little number is great for the home or small business but, the lack of power and safety features mean that it’s far from ideal for medium or large businesses.
5. Chefman Die-Cast Electric Meat Slicer
- Precise cutting
- Adjustable thickness dial
- Removable 7.5” stainless steel blade
- Non-slip feet
From the well known Chefman brand, this space saving meat slicer allows you to slice like a professional in even the smallest of kitchens. The sleek and compact design means that it won’t take up too much room but is good looking enough to be on display in even the trendiest of establishments. Tough and versatile, this meat slicer features an adjustable thickness dial for quick and easy slicing of different sizes and textures including thin sandwich meats or thicker slices of beef and pork. This great value meat slicer is perfect for those with even the tightest of budgets and its no-fuss guarantee offers complete peace of mind. Built to last, the Chefman meat slicer is safe and easy to clean for even the busiest of kitchens.
- Removable 6.7” inch blade
- 5 minute cycle
- Weight: 9.46 pounds
- Stable – The sturdy and stable design of this product makes operation safe and easy.
- Easy to clean – Removable parts and intelligent design mean that it’s easy to clean every inch of the product without too much fuss.
- Price – At $69.99, this slicer works for even the tightest of kitchen budgets.
- Cycle – For a slicer of ths price, the 5 minute cycle is fairly impressive and is enough for most small kitchen and deli requirements.
- Design fault – For some reason, this product has been designed with a wide bump on the back side of the blade which means that cut food wider than ¼” with crack and break.
- Inadequate strength – Although this product is great for soft and cooked meats, it tends not to cope well with tougher items.
The lowdown: If you’re choosing a meat slicer purely on price, this is the one for you. If, however, you’re after power, stability and reliability you may need to look elsewhere. More suited to the home than to even a small business, this meat slicer definitely reflects its low price.
6. Techwood Professional Electric Meat Slicer
- 120 watt motor
- Adjustable thickness knob
- Safety design
- 6.7” stainless steel blade
Trust Techwood for quality and value – every time. This professional standard meat slicer is heavy weight for stability with anti-slip rubber feet, making it a safe choice for even the busiest of establishments. Made from food-grade plastic and high quality stainless steel, this slicer features fully removable parts for easy, professional standard cleaning. Tough and versatile, the Techwood Professional Electric Slicer features an adjustable thickness to allow for different textures and slicing thicknesses without the need for additional tools. One of the best value professional meat slicers available today, the 120 watt power of this handy meat slicer allows for fast and accurate slicing of even the toughest of cuts . Value, safety and versatility make this meat slicer a hard one to beat for the professional chef.
- 30 day hassle free return policy
- Warranty: 12 month warranty
- Blade: 6.7” stainless steel blade
- Weight: 8.3 pounds
- Easy to clean – Removable parts make quick and easy cleaning for this product
- Stable – A weight of 8.3 pounds means that this product is light enough to be portable but sturdy enough for efficient use.
- Good safety features – This product has been designed with safety in mind and users are not prone to snagging or cuts whilst using the slicer.
- Great design – Although heavy, this slicer is relatively neat and compact, making it easy to store when not in use.
- Quiet – You will, of course, expect some noise when using your meat slicer, however, this slicer is surprisingly quiet, making it perfect for customer driven environments.
- Poor design – Due to a design blip, meat tends to get caught by the electrical cord at the back of the unit.
- Poor quality guard – The guard is inadequate for use and breaks easily.
The lowdown: A good all-rounder, this meat slicer is only let down by the design and quality guard issues. With decent power, stability and reliability, this one is perfect for the smaller business – and looks great too.
7. CukAid Electric Meat Slicer
- Stainless steel blade and food carriage
- 180 watt motor power
- ⅞ adjustable thickness
Awarded Amazon Choice for deli slicers, this product has an advanced bearing and belt transmission for smooth use and quiet running, making it perfect for environments where customers are present. Reliable and durable, the lightweight and compact design belies the sturdy nature of this slicer, even when in constant use. User friendly with a stable metal body and adjustable depth range, the CukAid Electric Meat Slicer is created with the busy professional in mind and features comprehensive safety features to cut down on time-consuming kitchen accidents. Professional and versatile, the CukAid offers incredible value and an impressive 180 watts of power as well as a ⅞ adjustable slicing thickness to suit every environment. You’ll be hard pressed to find another professional meat slicer with the value and features offered by this clever little product.
- 30 day money back policy
- Warranty: 1 year replacement warranty
- Blade: 7.5” stainless steel blade
- Weight: 10.55 pounds
- Durable – Although a little heavy to be portable, the weight of this product means that it is hard-wearing and able to withstand the odd knock without adverse effects.
- No lubricant needed – The design of this product is such that an external lubricant is unnecessary; cutting down on mess and hand washing.
- Easy clean – The product is as easy to keep clean as your hands due to a practical, no fuss design.
- Price – Ths slicer is surprisingly inexpensive its power and durability.
- Blade sharpness issue – The blade on this product tends to blunt quickly and need replacing regularly.
- Difficult to use – It can take a while to get the hang of operation as instructions aren’t clear and operation is not straightforward.
The lowdown: Although not the cheapest, this one is possibly the best value for money with its 180 watts of power, great durability and mess free operation. Although there are drawbacks, these are relatively minor and, with a bit of practice, these can be overcome to make this a great piece of kitchen kit.
8. Gourmia GFS700 Professional Electric Meat Slicer
- 7.5” stainless steel blade
- Heavy duty aluminum housing
- Adjustable thickness
- Safe and easy cleaning
- 180 watts motor power
The Gourmia slicer is the first choice for professional chefs. This efficient and durable meat slicer is driven by an impressive 180 watts of motor power, giving it the ability to cleanly cut through even tough cuts, gristle and bone. Its beautiful silver design is clean and attractive and looks good enough to take pride of place in any kitchen or deli counter. 100% versatile, the Gourmia features adjustable thickness for precision slicing of even wafer thin deli meats and, the removable blade and food holder make for easy, no-fuss cleaning. Lightweight and compact, this slicer can be easily stored and transported for complete convenience. One of the most competitive products on the market, the Gourmia combines value, efficiency and power for a great, all round, professional addition to the busy kitchen.
- Colour: Silver
- Dimensions: 22.9 x 37,5 x 27.9cm
- Weight: 454 g
- Heavy duty – A good weight and design makes for stable usage
- Powerful – With 180 watts of motor power, this product will easily slice through tough meat, gristle and even bone.
- Versatility – The adjustability of this slicer instantly adds to its value as it eliminates the use of further tools.
- Sleek design – The cool silver design of this slicer is clean and sharp (pun intended) and looks great in a kitchen or on a deli counter.
- Slow speed – Although this product is powerful, the speed leaves something to be desired and can be frustrating during busy times.
- Blade dulls quickly – The blade seems to blunt really quickly and needs replacing more often than it ideally should.
The lowdown: Efficient, durable and affordable, there’s not much to complain about here. A great all-round meat slicer for the small or medium business, just make sure that you have plenty of spare blades to avoid disappointing customers.
9. Cusimax 200W Electric Meat Slicer
- Easy clean
- Advanced safety features
- 200 watt motor power
This incredible value, professional grade slicer is at home in the busy restaurant kitchen as it is in the tiniest of delis. A huge 200 watts of power give the Cuisimax the muscle needed to get through even tough meat, gristle and bone, whilst advanced safety features allow for complete peace of mind for employers. Featuring a multifunctional slicer for added versatility, this clever product can handle delicate slices of sandwich meat as well as chunky meat slices. Built with the busy kitchen in mind, the Cusimax 200W also has fully removable parts for each and comprehensive cleaning – vital for the forward thinking establishment. Tough, powerful and great value, the Cuisimax is head and shoulders above over meat slicers within its price range and, it’s sturdy and durable design mean that it’ll stay the distance, whatever you throw at it.
- Blade: 7.5” slicer blade
- Warranty: 18 month warranty
- Dimensions: 11.8 in x 9.0 in x 5.1 in
- Max slice thickness: 7.2inch
- Easy to clean – Quick and simple to clean, this is a great product for keeping on top of hygiene standards in a busy kitchen.
- Safe to use – A great design makes this one super-safe to use without any nicks or cuts.
- Powerful – A whopping 200 watt motor makes this one of the most powerful slicers of its type – certainly within its price range.
- Multi-function – The versatility of this slicer makes it well worth the price.
- Price – At $69.99, this slicer is great value – particularly when you consider the power you get for your cash.
Weak blade – The blade on this product doesn’t seem to be up to the job of tougher meat or gristle and can break easily.
Prone to manufacturing defects – This product can be prone to niggling defects such as breaking of parts.
Meat holder not fit for purpose – Unfortunately the plastic meat holder supplied with the product is much too small and is more or less useless.
The lowdown: You get a lot of power for not a lot of cash with this one – an incredible 200 watts to be precise, which is more than a few of the much more expensive models. Although the meat holder issue isn’t so serious, the manufacturing defects may mean that this is not ideal for a busy deli or restaurant.
10. Kitchener 9-inch Professional Electric Meat Slicer
- 9” stainless steel blade
- 150 watt motor power
- Heavy duty design
This great value meat slicer is made from premium coated steel and high quality aluminum for reliability and durability. Highly professional, the Kitchener 9 inch Professional Electric Meat slicer is efficient, quiet and easy to run for the busy establishment. Equipped with advanced safety features, this great looking meat slicer lends itself perfectly to even the trendiest of delis and is compact and easy to store and clean. The belt driven electric slicer makes light work of all kinds of cooked and uncooked meat with its 200 watt motor and 9” blade for the ultimate in professional and accurate slicing of a variety of textures and thicknesses. One of the best value products in today’s market, the Kitchener is a great all round slicer for restaurants, delicatessens and stores.
- Weight: 14.55 pounds
- Weight: On request
- Power: 200 watts
- Blade: 9” adjustable
- Value for money – The bargain price of $99.99 makes this product great value for money; particularly taking into account the motor power of 150 watts.
- Versatile – Adjustable features mean that this product can handle different kinds of meat as well as cutting to different thicknesses.
- Safe – This slicer hs been well thought out in terms of safety; cutting down on those annoying and time-wasting nicks and cuts.
- Power – 200 watts is an impressive amount of power for a slicer of this price range.
- Blade – The larger than average blade on this slicer is great for getting through larger cuts of meat.
- Lack of holder – This product does not feature a holder which means that the meat has nowhere to go once sliced.
- Inadequate teeth – The teeth on the meat pusher are unfortunately not long enough to properly hold the meat in place, causing it to slip out of position if not held.
The lowdown: This one was our Budget Pick for a reason; a great – and great value – meat slicer with plenty of power and features, this one looks great and, has the reliability to suit even larger businesses.
Things to consider before buying a meat slicer
As we mentioned at the beginning of this article, choosing the right meat slicer is very much dependent on how – and how much it will be used. For example; an inexpensive and lightweight meat slicer may be great for a small village deli but will not be appropriate for a busy supermarket. In order to make the right decision for your business, you need to think about the following:
What are you slicing?
If you will mainly be slicing cooked meat or soft meat such as chicken, you can get away with buying a slicer with a relatively low power – in this case, between 100 and 150 watts should be fine for your purposes.
If, however, you expect to be handling tough cuts of meat, you really need to be thinking power above anything else – ideally, you should be looking for a product with a wattage of at least 180, preferably more for optimum results.
How much are you slicing?
If your business is that little village deli we talked about, you’ll probably only be using your slicer for an hour or two every day. In this case, durability doesn’t need to be your main concern – a product such as the Kitchener 9 inch Professional Electric Meat Slicer with a five minute run time (and 30 minute rest time) should be fine for your purposes. If, however, your business is the supermarket we mentioned, your product is going to see a lot more action – constant in some cases – in which case, a sturdy and durable product such as the KWS MS-10NT Premium Commercial Electric Food & Meat Slicer will be your best bet.
Ease of repair / replacement
Nobody likes to let their customers down and, there’s nothing worse than having a long line of customers and a piece of equipment which is out of action. Before making a purchase, check that the product comes with a warranty and, also check to see how easy it is to either have the product repaired and have parts replaced.
Ease of cleaning
Any business which deals with food and drink knows that hygiene is of paramount importance. Where possible, choose a meat slicer which can be easily disassembled for thorough cleaning in order to make sure that you maintain the required standards for your business.
There are some great professional standard meat slicers available to suit every purpose and budget as our guide shows. When choosing the right one for your business, it’s all about making sure that it’s fit for purpose in terms of power, size, durability and efficiency. As you’ll have seen from our picks at the beginning of the article, a product such as the Kitchener is inexpensive and perfectly adequate for home or light business use. For those businesses who need a little more power, the KWS is pricey in comparison but will go the distance even with constant use.