If the idea of an easy, yet mouth-watering, dessert fascinates you – pizzelles might just be the dessert idea you have been looking for. From occasions to regular days, these Italian waffle cookies are a perfect fit all year round. Pizzelles are not only incredibly easy-to-make – requiring only a few basic kitchen ingredients, but also do not require much time to make. As a result, whether it is a quiet Sunday morning or a busy weekday, you can never go wrong with making a batch of pizzelles for a quick breakfast.
However, to ensure that your process of making pizzelles is as fast and as effortless as possible, making use of the right pizzelle maker is of great importance. You do not want to invest on a pizzelle maker that will make good pizzelles the first few times but refuse to give an optimum performance after a while. Without the right pizzelle maker, your pizzelles will turn out wrong – even if you may have used the right ingredients and followed the recipe accurately. Therefore, if you are not interested in wasting your money on a pizzelle maker that does not do its work right, then we have got you covered!
To make things easy for you and help you save your valuable time, we went ahead and did all the necessary research for you regarding various brands of pizzelle makers. Through all our in-depth research, we have put together this article about 10 different pizzelle makers – mentioning our honest findings about each of them. Hopefully, by the end of this article, you will have a clearer understanding as to what you are looking for in your pizzelle maker.
Table of Contents
- Quick Comparison: Top 10 Best Pizzelle Makers
- 1. CucinaPro Pizzelle Baker Non-stick Electric Pizzelle Maker
- 2. Cuisinart WM-PZ2 Pizzelle Press
- 3. Chef’sChoice 834 Toscano Nonstick Pizzelle Maker
- 4. Palmer Pizzelle Maker Classic
- 5. CucinaPro Mini Italian Waffle Pizzelle Maker Iron
- 6. VillaWare V3600-NS Prego Nonstick Pizzelle Baker
- 7. Chef’sChoice 835 PizzellePro Express Bake Nonstick Pizzelle Maker
- 8. CucinaPro Polished Pizzelle Maker
- 9. Toastmaster Pizzelle and Cookie Maker
- 10. V3600 PREGO Pizzelle Baker
- Things to consider before buying a Pizzelle Maker
Quick Comparison: Top 10 Best Pizzelle Makers
Last update on April 3, 2020 Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- A steam guard included in order to safeguard the user’s hands from burning when opening it.
- A non-stick cooking grid, which makes cleaning up really easy.
- Makes 2 pizzelles in one go and comes with recipes.
- Makes 5-inch measuring cookies, which are nice bite sizes for cones.
- Extra-thick baking plates result in distributing heat evenly.
We appointed the CucinaPro Electric Pizzelle Maker as our best pick because it comes with extra-thick baking plates that can evenly cook 2 pizzelles at a time, non-stick baking plates that allow easy cleanup, and it also includes pizzelle recipes – which is convenient for people that never made pizzelles before.
The CucinaPro Pizzelle Baker is a non-stick, electric pizzelle maker that can make two, 5-inch cookies in one go. It comes with extra-thick baking plates that evenly distributes heat to cook the pizzelles to perfection. With a steam guard system, this pizzelle maker protects the hands of the user from burning when opening it. Additionally, it comes with recipes – which is pretty convenient for users that did not make pizzelles before or are looking for different pizzelle recipes in general.
- The steam guard will protect your hand when you need to open the pizzelle maker.
- The non-stick cooking grids ensure that you can easily take out the pizzelles when they are cooked – without them sticking to the baking plates.
- With two baking plates, you can have two pizzelles ready in one go.
- The baking plates heat up and cool off fairly quickly.
- The baking plates are extra-thick to ensure that the pizzelles are thoroughly cooked through even heat distribution.
- There are pizzelle recipes included along with this pizzelle maker to ease things up for newbies or people that are looking for new pizzelle recipes in general.
- It does not come with a built-in timer, so you need to manually monitor the time and check your pizzelles to ensure that you get the right amount of crisp you want.
- There is no cooking surface border to prevent the squeezed-out batter from leaking out, so it can get quite messy.
2. Cuisinart WM-PZ2 Pizzelle Press
- Makes 2 decoratively imprinted 4-inch pizzelles at a time.
- With dual indicator lights and a built-in timer, it makes for an easy operation.
- 5 browning levels to choose from.
- The locking lead ensures that the pizzelles are evenly browned.
- Non-stick baking plates make for an easy clean up and removal of pizzelles without breaking them.
- Stores upright and makes for a compact storage.
- Comes with a measuring spoon and rolling dowel for cannoli.
The Cuisinart WM-PZ2 Pizzelle Press consists of non-stick baking plates that make removing pizzelles effortless and clean. It has a brushed stainless steel body which can be stored upright for a compact storage. A built-in timer and dual indicator lights provide an easy operation for users. With 5 browning levels to choose from, the locking lead of this pizzelle maker ensures that your pizzelle is evenly browned to perfection according to your desire.
- Makes 2 decoratively imprinted pizzelles at a time.
- As it comes with a built-in timer, you do not need to manually check the time or the pizzelles to cook them to perfection. You can simply refer to the dual indicator lights.
- With the option to choose from 5 different browning levels, this pizzelle maker comes with a locking lead that allows your pizzelles to be evenly browned according to your desire – every single time.
- With the ability to store upright, it makes for an easy and compact storage.
- A measuring spoon and rolling dowel for cannoli is included in the package.
- Comes with a 3 year warranty period that covers defects.
- It is a 120-volt pizzelle maker that is suitable for use in the USA, not overseas; in other words, it does not come with a universal voltage. In order to use it overseas, you will require a transformer.
3. Chef’sChoice 834 Toscano Nonstick Pizzelle Maker
- Makes 2 pizzelles at a time, of 4-3/4-inch each, in less than 30 seconds.
- A non-stick, easy release coating makes for an easy clean up.
- An instant temperature recovery makes it always prepared to start baking.
- An even heat distribution and locking latch ensures uniform thickness.
- A baking indicator light turns on when the pizzelles are being cooked.
- Recipes are included along with it.
The Chef’sChoice 834 PizzellePro Toscano is an electric and non-stick pizzelle maker that makes 2 decoratively imprinted pizzelles of 4-3/4-inch each. With an even heat distribution and a locking latch, it makes uniformly thick pizzelles that are evenly cooked – in less than 30 seconds. With an instant temperature recovery system, it is always ready to bake. A baking indicator light is present in order to let the users keep track of when the pizzelles are being cooked. The pizzelle maker also comes with different recipes for making easy, yet delicious pizzelles.
4. Palmer Pizzelle Maker Classic
The Palmer Pizzelle Maker Classic is a USA-made pizzelle maker that comes with a 5-year warranty period. It is a well-built and durable machine made of cast aluminium. With the ability to make 2 beautifully designed, 5-inch pizzelles at a time, it can make perfectly crispy pizzelles in half the time required by hand irons. Additionally, the pizzelle maker comes with delicious recipes for making pizzelles.
5. CucinaPro Mini Italian Waffle Pizzelle Maker Iron
The CucinaPro Mini Italian Pizzelle Waffle Maker has non-stick baking grids that make removing pizzelles easy and effortless, without breaking them. The 3.25-inch mini pizzelles make for perfect bite sizes and the baking indicator lets you keep track of when they are being cooked. The extra-thick baking plates are designed to evenly distribute heat in order to make perfectly crispy pizzelles that everyone aims for. A steam guard is instilled in order to protect the user’s hands from burning when opening the pizzelle maker.
6. VillaWare V3600-NS Prego Nonstick Pizzelle Baker
The VillaWare V3600-NS Prego Nonstick Pizzelle Baker makes 2 pizzelles, of 5 inches each, with traditional fiori patterns on them. The cooking grids have xylan non-stick coating that makes for a remarkably easy clean up. With the ability to cook pizzelles every 30 seconds, this pizzelle maker comes with an automatic thermostat that displays a “ready” light when the pizzelles are being cooked. It has the safety feature of a steam guard that protects the user’s hands from burning when opening it.
7. Chef’sChoice 835 PizzellePro Express Bake Nonstick Pizzelle Maker
The Chef’sChoice 835 PizzellePro Express Bake made it to our budget pick because it is a great deal for the price. It is non-stick, bakes 3 pizzelles at a time, contains an overflow channel for excess batter, indicator lights and a dial to choose the colour of your pizzelles.
The Chef’sChoice 835 PizzellePro Express Bake is a pocket-friendly, non-stick pizzelle maker that comes with certain praiseworthy features such as the options to choose the browning color of the pizzelles and the lights to indicate “ready” and “heating up”. With an instant heat recovery system, it bakes 3 pizzelles of 3 inches each at a time, within 45-60 seconds. The non-stick baking plates allow easy removal of the pizzelles when they are ready. This compact-sized pizzelle maker also comes with batter spoon, wooden cannoli-dowl, and recipes for pizzelle and cannoli.
8. CucinaPro Polished Pizzelle Maker
The CucinaPro Polished Pizzelle Maker comes with non-stick, polished cooking grids that make for effortless release and easy clean up. It can make 2 pizzelles of 5 inches each at a time, with decorative imprints on them. A power indicator light is included to allow users to keep track of when the pizzelles are being cooked. The extra-thick baking plates ensure to evenly distribute heat and the built-in steam guard system protects the user’s hands when opening the hot pizzelle maker.
9. Toastmaster Pizzelle and Cookie Maker
- A non-stick surface for easily releasing the pizzelles as well as an easy clean up.
- Makes 2 cookies of 4 inches each in one go, with two different decorative imprints.
- An overflow trough contains any spills and reduces countertop clean up.
- A power indicator light is installed to let the users know when the pizzelle maker is being heated.
- Recipes for making pizzelles are included.
The Toastmaster Pizzelle and Cookie Maker comes with a non-stick cooking grid that can bake 2 cookies of 4 inches each at a time – with two different cookie styles. The non-stick surface as well as the overflow trough – both help to make an easy clean up. A power indicator light allows the user to see if the pizzelle maker is heating up. Additionally, recipes for making pizzelles are also included with this pizzelle maker.
10. V3600 PREGO Pizzelle Baker
The V3600 PREGO Pizzelle Baker has non-stick cooking grids that can bake 2 traditional fiori-patterned pizzelles, of 5 inches each, in one go within 30 seconds. The polished metal cooking grids make for effortless removal of pizzelles and easy clean up. An automatic thermostat is installed to display a “ready” light when the pizzelles are being cooked. It has the safety feature of a steam guard that protects the user’s hands from burning when opening the hot pizzelle maker.
Things to consider before buying a Pizzelle Maker
If you are a newbie who has no experience in making pizzelles, then you should get yourself a pizzelle maker that comes with user-friendly features. Some of such features may include:
- Indicator lights that show when the pizzelle maker is heating up or when the pizzelles are done cooking.
- A built-in timer that lets you set the timer of the pizzelle maker according to the recipe – so that you may achieve perfectly crisp pizzelles.
- A dial that lets you choose the browning level of your pizzelles.
Whether you are going to make regular batches of pizzelles or you will take out your pizzelle maker during special occasions only, it is important that your pizzelle maker is durable. Take a look at the specifications of the pizzelle maker to see the materials being used to manufacture it. Metal components are expected to have a higher durability than plastic components.
Distribution of heat
Whether you are inexperienced in baking pizzelles or a professional, a pizzelle maker that evenly distributes heat is essential in making perfect batches of pizzelles every time. When there is an even heat distribution, all the pizzelles will be cooked to uniform crispiness. You would not want some parts of your pizzelles to be burnt while some parts are under-cooked.
Allowance of overflow
If you always seem to experience overflow when baking your pizzelles, be it because of the texture of your batter or any other reason, it is a good idea to look for a pizzelle maker that comes with larger spaces to contain spills or overflow. A pizzelle maker with higher hedges is a good option for this purpose too. When your pizzelle maker takes care of the overflow, your countertop will remain clean.
Keeping the cleaning aspect in mind, when buying a pizzelle maker, is necessary to ease things for yourself. Let’s be real, it can be such a waste of time to clean off the additional mess made by a pizzelle maker. To ease the cleaning process, it is wise to get yourself a pizzelle maker that consists of non-stick coating – so that you can neatly remove your pizzelles without breaking them or leaving behind residues. With no stubborn residues to get rid of, you can simply clean your pizzelle maker using water and soap.
In a nutshell, it is of utmost importance that you should learn about what a brand has to offer, before you decide to invest your money on it. Naturally, when you spend your money on something, you would want it to last. As this article specifically caters to people that are looking for the right pizzelle maker for making the perfect pizzelles, we sincerely hope that you found your match among the 10 pizzelle makers we discussed. Reading honest review articles, that bring out the pros and cons of a product like this article did, would prove to be of great use in helping you make the right decision.